Results of the XVII Congress in Stockholm, Sweden
Dear members of JEF, dear friends all over Europe,
We are proud to announce you the results of the XVII European Congress of JEF, which took place last weekend in Stockholm.
100 delegates and 60 observers from more than 30 different national JEF sections came together last weekend to look back at the work done the past two years and to decide the JEF policies and organisational priorities of the next 2 years. Faithful to the JEF slogan “Simply A Generation Ahead”, the Congress has adopted strong positions on the draft Constitution and current IGC process, as well on the upcoming European elections. Strong organisational priorities have also been set up, with the creation of a JEF “Southeast European Initiative” and the definition of the work plan for 2003-2005.
Last but not least, after the Congress thanked the outgoing Executive Bureau for its hard work during the challenging past 2 years, the new JEF-Europe team was elected to bring JEF into the European election campaign and the future challenges of European democracy:
President: Jon Worth
Vice Presidents: Nikos Lambropoulos, Silke Kaul
Executive Bureau Members: Jessika Hazrat, Elina Kiiski, Marko Bucik, Peter Bancroft
- Presidium: Astrid Arnslett, Peter Strempel, Jan Kreutz
- Chairs of Political Commission 'IGC and Constitution': Florian Rodeit and Giovanni Biava
- Chair of Political Commission 'New Europe': Ingvild Stub
- Chair of Political Commission 'External Relations': Imre Teder
- Chair of Working Group 'New Sections': Steven Attard
- Chair of Working Group 'Communications': Arielle Rouby
- Chair of Working Group 'Finances': Daniel Gerer
- Other Federal Committee Members: Siri Holland, Jana Novotna, Georgi Markov, Philipp Hessel, Dominique Ostyn, Virginie Delaury
A total of 14 nationalities are represented among the new Bureau and directly elected Federal Committee members.
Last but not least, 2 new candidates sections were accepted by the Congress: JEF-Luxembourg and JEF-Romania.
The Congress took place in an extremely good and constructive atmosphere, and the organisation feels stronger than ever, ready for 2 years of an exciting time during which the new team will aim to promote further European democracy and federalism.
If you wish to contact the newly elected team, please use: firstname.lastname@example.org such as email@example.com
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, NOVEMBER 2003
Resolutions adopted by the XVII Congress of the Young European Federalists (JEF), meeting in Stockholm on 31 October - 02 November 2003: